Los Angeles Court: Restraining Order For Member Of Anonymous October 27, 2008Posted by cyberpatrol in Anonymous, cybercrime, stalking.
Tags: Anonymous, court order, cybercrimes
1 comment so far
LOS ANGELES: A Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Friday issued a restraining order against Donald Myers, a member of a cyber-terrorist group known as Anonymous. The order requires Myers to stay at least 50 yards away from a female Scientologist he stalked and harassed. The order also requires Myers to stay away from the L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition at the Church of Scientology International building in Hollywood where the victim works, and stay 50 yards away from the woman’s home. The restraining order lasts for 3 years unless renewed.
Myers was found to have engaged in acts of harassment against the young woman, after video evidence was submitted to the court showing Myers stalking her, taunting her with sexual slurs, and refusing repeated requests to leave her alone. Myers was also ordered by the court to turn over any firearms in his possession to the police.
This is the second restraining order issued against a member of Anonymous this week. On October 21, a Boston Court ordered self-styled Anonymous leader Gregg Housh to stay 100 yards away from the Boston Church of Scientology. Housh was placed on probation for one year with the threat from the Court that if he violates the restraining order or any other law, he faces a year in prison.
Anonymous has been implicated in numerous criminal acts, including bomb threats, death threats, vandalism and computer crimes which are being investigated by law enforcement.
On October 17, The U.S. Department of Justice filed federal criminal charges against New Jersey Anonymous member Dmitriy Guzner related to the January 2008 attempted destruction of websites owned by the Church of Scientology. Guzner has agreed to plead guilty to felony charges that could send him to prison for ten years.
In November 2007, Anonymous member Pekka-Eric Auvinen shot and killed seven students, a nurse and a teacher at Jokela High School in Finland before turning the gun on himself and taking his own life. Prior to these acts Auvinen stated on a website used by Anonymous that he would do this all “in the name of Anonymous.” He was immediately encouraged to carry out his threats by other members of the group, who afterwards called him a “hero.”
“Law enforcement and the courts are seeing through the false image that the cyber-terrorist group Anonymous tries to portray to the media and are sending a clear message to everyone – if Anonymous breaks the law, Anonymous will suffer the legal consequences” said Karin Pouw of the Church of Scientology International. She also said that “the Church will never be intimidated by the criminal acts committed by Anonymous members and will continue to work with law enforcement to bring the perpetrators of these crimes to justice for the protection of the Church and all groups targeted by these terrorists.”
Soulja goes to war over MySpace hack attack September 3, 2008Posted by cyberpatrol in Anonymous, cybercrime, Hacking, myspace.
Tags: cybercrimes, myspace
US rapper Soulja Boy has been targeted by cyber vandals who defaced his MySpace profile and published his email and YouTube passwords on the internet.
The hackers, reportedly part of the popular online community 4chan, contacted Soulja Boy demanding he hand over $US2500 in order to regain control over his account.
The rapper, who published tracks on the internet before becoming a mainstream star in September last year with the number one hit Crank That (Soulja Boy), refused.
His MySpace page was then wiped out and replaced with obscenity-laden messages where Soulja Boy purportedly declared his homosexuality and told fans to “go f— yourselves”.
The miscreants also published the rapper’s passwords – including to his email, email@example.com – on the internet, and flooded his website’s online chatroom.
The saga ended when Soulja Boy’s record label, Interscope, contacted MySpace and demanded the account be returned.
His YouTube and email accounts have also been returned, Soulja Boy said in a recent YouTube video.
“Niggas sent me a message on MySpace saying I got your shit, send me $2500 if you want it back,” he says in the video.
“I texted back saying f— you, bitch, do what you do, the mother f—er got to be f—ed up. And then after that he deleted all my shit and I was like well darn the nigga wasn’t bluffin.”
Soulja Boy says in the video that he was going to offer a $US10,000 reward to anyone who revealed the hacker’s identity but this was unnecessary as he had already caught them.
“On the next video y’all stay tuned to see what we did with this hacker – we gotta make an example out of this shit.”
The video was published last week and since then Soulja Boy has published a number of other clips on YouTube, none of which mention the hacking saga.
The hack appears to be unrelated to a recent online feud with gangsta rap veteran Ice-T, who labelled Soulja Boy’s music garbage that was killing hip-hop. The comments started a war on YouTube and Souljah Boy responded with a cartoon that mocked Ice-T and his dancing.
Celebrities’ MySpace pages are regular targets for hackers looking to increase their notoriety or expose private photos and messages.
In 2007, a person wanting to impress a hacker group broke into the MySpace profiles of Justin Timberlake, Hilary Duff and MTV personality Tila Tequila. Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus Alicia Keys and Nas have also had their profiles compromised in the past.
Investigative Report Reveals Hackers Terrorize the Internet for LULZ September 20, 2007Posted by cyberpatrol in 4chan.org, Anonymous, cybercrime.
By Ryan Singel July 27, 2007
The following are real quotes from a Fox News in Los Angeles investigation into a hacker group called “Anonymous.”
They are hackers on steroids, treating the web like a real life video game. Sacking websites, invading MySpace accounts and disrupting innocent people’s lives.
They plastered his profile with gay sex pictures. His girlfriend left him.
Truly epic LULZ come from raids and invasions.
You can view the whole segment, complete with a scene of a car bomb, here.
Fox 11 actually stumbled across the /b/ (NSFW) channel of 4chan (NSFW) (update: could be wrong here, looks like Fox was tipped to the /i/ channel of a similar site – 420chan (NSFW)), a image sharing and posting site where every poster posts as Anonymous. Here supremely bored 15-year olds post obscene pictures and stupid photo-shopped images for others to comment on. They also randomly swarm and try to overwhelm online sites and forums they consider annoying.
These people, according to Fox 11, constitute a notorious and powerful hacking gang who, besides threatening to kill random MySpace users, attempted to ruin the ending of Harry Potter book for children of all ages. This “news report” is by far the funniest prank anyone on the board has ever pulled off.
LULZ all around.